Covid-19 and Camp Fatima – Update 4/4/20

Covid-19 and Camp Fatima – Update 4/4/20

April 4, 2020

Dear Camp Fatima family,

Given the current environment and forward looking guidance from medical professionals, we have made the decision to cancel the May Adult Weekend program. With respect to the summer sessions, based on the initial demand we have closed the application portal for campers and week 1 volunteers. We are keeping the application site open for week 2 volunteers for the time being.

We realize that someone applying now could have cause to rescind their application the closer we get to June depending on the virus situation then. We remain hopeful that we’ll be able to run our summer sessions. That decision will be guided by both government restrictions in effect as well as our own internal assessment as to if we can operate safely if there are no government restrictions in place at that time. Our intent is to have a final decision by no later than June 15 and communicate to all shortly thereafter.

We will be staying in communication with all applicants as we get closer to making a final decision.  Thank you for your understanding. We wish you and your families the best during this difficult time.

 

Camp Fatima